Here's some stuff I crafted for Christmas presents last year if you're looking for somethings to make for the people you love. There's still time! :)
1. Jingle Turtle- Crochet turtle with a jingle bell in it.
2. Crochet bird- Sweet quick crochet project that's great for a baby!
3. Sweater Dress made from an adult sweater- Still one of my favorite re-use creations!
4. Crochet Sitty Kitty- Sweet and very cute little kitty.
5. Homemade birdseed ornaments- Feed the birds and decorate your tree with these adorable ornaments!
6. Line a basket- this was for a sewing kit for my little girl but could be used for so many projects!
7. Droid! Always a great present for your Android phone loving friend!
8. Hat, scarf, and mitten set- no tutorial but I'll plug ravelry.com :) You can find tons of free patterns there!
9. Fingerless gloves- Several free crochet patterns
-Diamond and Dashes Fingerless Gloves
-Twist Fingerless Gloves
-Ripple Lace Fingerless Gloves
10. Bean bags and pillows! A very fun sewing project!
11. Birds- link to a free template to make these birds. A quick handsewing project- great one for a beginner! My 6 year old sewed some of these!